1.SYNCHRONOUS INSTRUCTION: Online courses will be offered in a synchronous fashion, meaning that courses will be taught live, and course participants will need to attend the entire course at the scheduled times.
2. INTERNET AND COMPUTER/TABLET REQUIREMENTS: Course participants will need to log in using a computer or tablet with reliable high-speed internet connection. Use of smart phones will not be acceptable as the screen is too small to view presentation materials as well as other classmates for interactive activities. Hardware enable audio and video connectivity is required.
3. AUDIO AND VIDEO PARTICIPATION: Cameras must be turned on throughout the course, and course participants need to be visible throughout the course. If purchasing a new camera, be sure to install your camera in advance of the course. If you have problems getting your camera to work with Zoom, you may need to uninstall Zoom and then re-install Zoom after connecting your camera.
4. UNINTERRUPTED PARTICIPATION: Course participants should arrange to participate from a private space in their home or office free from interruptions or extraneous noise. While some may have children or pets at home or work who may interrupt once or twice during the course, constant interruptions will make learning more challenging and may be disruptive to the course itself.
5. ZOOM INSTRUCTION: There will be a required Zoom meeting scheduled before the course starts to allow everyone to make sure they can properly connect and participate. This will be a chance to check that all of our computers/tablets, cameras and microphones work as well as teach a few basics about Zoom course participation. We will not be able to accommodate Zoom connectivity problems during class time.
6. ZOOM INVITATIONS: If you are new to Zoom, please know you do not need to have a Zoom account to participate in the course. You will be sent a link and will be able to click the link to join the class. If you haven’t already done so, you will need to download Zoom software to your computer or tablet which can be found at www.zoom.us, and this software is free. While not necessary for participating in the course, you can also sign up for a free limited Zoom account and practice using Zoom before the course starts.
7. FAMILIARITY WITH ZOOM: If you haven’t used Zoom before, you are encouraged to watch some of the free Zoom tutorials which can be found online. Since most mediations are being offered at this time online via Zoom or similar software, learning how to use Zoom will be useful not only during the course but also afterwards as you begin to mediate during the active phase of this pandemic.
8. STAY UP TO DATE: Please check this webpage from time to time to see if information has been added or revised.
FLORIDA SUPREME COURT APPROVAL OF ONLINE INSTRUCTION: On April 7, 2020, Chief Justice Charles T. Canady issued Supreme Court of Florida Administration Order AOSC20-24 which temporarily permits mediation certification training to be conducted online due to the Covid 19 pandemic. In order to best provide a meaningful educational experience, My Florida Mediator, offers the following guidance for online course attendees:
Copyright © MY FLORIDA MEDIATOR.